Wednesday, January 20, 2021

 



Fawlty Showers

I Really Wog

When I got home from the gym that evening, Dr. Deb asked how the game went.

“I’m the one who got crushed like a bug,” I said. “On the other hand, I lost 11-5, 11-6, and 11-2, so really, I won.”

“How do you figure that?” she asked.

“Brat Boy had to score 11 each time to win. That’s all he did and nothing more.  I didn’t have to score at all to lose, but I ran up a total of 13 points. I did more, therefore I won.”

“That makes no sense, but it’s a truly impressive rationalization.”

“Everyone has the ability to rationalize, that’s why diets are so hard to stick to. But we addicted folks, we raise rationalization to an art form.”

 

Today I’ll beware my ability to rationalize.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment