Friday, January 15, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Listen at the Door

Randy asked me what I was writing about.


“When one door closes, another opens’.  I like that expression, but I think we need to be cautious.”


The ferret nodded in agreement, but Randy asked why.


“So you get out of a relationship. A door has closed, but more have opened.  Too many of us rush through the next door, not listening to what’s happening behind it first.”


Randy said, “Six weeks after my divorce I almost married a girl I later found out was wanted for fraud, tax evasion, and drug dealing.  I get it, but how does that relate to addiction?”


“You need to open new doors when you get clean, otherwise you spend your time resenting not getting high or drunk. But, it pays to know what you’re getting into. Is it a church or a cult behind the door? Is it a golden opportunity, or a get rich quick scam?”


“When her profile says she loves animals does it mean she has flying monkeys hiding in her garage?”

 

Today I will listen at the door.

 


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment