Thursday, January 7, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Something New

The next morning Dana the intern showed up with a strange box.


“What’s this?” I asked, pointing.


“Scones from the new bakery,” she said. “Try one.”


I did. Two bites in, I thought they’d make excellent door stops.


“I know, they’re a little on the dry side,” Dana said, as I gulped coffee trying to wash down the scone.   “Tomorrow I’ll go back to the old donut place.”


“Or, you could see what else they have. If you want to find something you like, you gotta try something you might not,” I said.  I was talking about pastries, but thinking about how people missed out on life by never trying anything new. I thought I fell into that trap myself sometimes.  


Today I will try something new.

 

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment