Tuesday, January 5, 2021

 

Fawlty Showers

Helpful or Habit

When I pulled into my driveway that night the Leaf Crew was pulling away. I waved, and smiled.


Caught up in the Suburban Reforestation movement of 2022, I’d planted trees over most of my backyard. No more cutting, no more clippings, no more toxic chemicals to kill the weeds, just a crew that came by a couple of times in the fall to haul away the leaves. 


Why had I spent so many hours cutting grass? It had taken me too long to ask myself that question.


Why had spent so many years drinking when clearly I wasn’t any good at it? It had also taken me too long to ask myself that.  I decided to take a long look at I did to see if they were helpful or just habit.


Today I’ll look at why I do the things I do.


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment