Monday, January 18, 2021

Fawlty Showers


Regrets

When it was time for him to leave, Randy didn’t.


“Something on your mind, Boss?” I asked.


His twin hadn’t just died in his sleep from an undiagnosed heart condition. Randy and his brother had started doing coke a couple weeks before.


I pointed out the obvious. Randy hadn’t forced his twin to do coke. Nobody had know about the heart condition. They had been young men, and young men are prone to bad decisions.  He’d punished himself for twenty years, long enough.


Nobody had died, but I had more than a few regrets playing cards with the skeletons in my closet. 


“Time to let one go,” I said to the ferret.

 

Today I’ll get rid of something in my ‘regrets’ closet.

 

 Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment