Tuesday, January 26, 2021


Fawlty Showers

Trouble

Dana showed up at my office with a box of donuts. “I told Abigail not to settle with her aunt,” she said.  “If Abigail doesn’t get that money, Fawlty Towers could go under. I wouldn’t finish my internship.”

“I’d be unemployed and 65,” I said. “Might be hard to find a job.”

Dana cursed, cursed some more, and cursed again.  Then she turned to the empty chair in the corner and said, “This is the best $#*^&* donut ever!”

I stared at her.

She said, “I’m making sure my troubles know they can’t trouble me, at least not while I’m eating this donut. Later I’ll find something else to take my mind off my problems.”

“You scare me,” I said, thinking I liked the idea of letting my troubles know they couldn’t trouble me.

 

Today I won’t let my troubles trouble me so much.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment