Tuesday, February 9, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Step Back, Step Up

Cuddles and MA sauntered into my office. There was no way Fawlty Towers could lose them, and no way I knew to keep them.


“You can’t dodge your problems,” I said to the Cuddles the cat, “but sometimes it helps to step back before you step up and handle the issue.” Cuddles licked his paw and wiped an ear in agreement.


I texted Brat Boy: ‘Ask for a raise – you’re my retirement plan.’   I emailed CharChar congratulating her on opening a new boutique. ‘Your mother is so proud! Don’t let that stop you from driving her out of business….”


I texted TyGuy to see if he’d signed his key recruit.  He worried other coaches were offering shady incentives to land the kid. ‘Bribery is wrong,’ I texted. ‘You shouldn’t do it. Blackmail on the other hand involves something the kid did, so go ahead and try that.’


I’d had my fun.  Joking with the kids had cleared some of the sadness from my mind. It was time to step up and deal with the problem at hand.


Today I will step back before I step up.

 

 Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S
  • https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment