Friday, February 5, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


War

Katy held out her left hand, pointing to two thin, white scars running parallel from the base of her thumb to the first knuckle in her index finger. “A souvenir from the time Abigail and I took Cuddles to the vet.”


I smiled, “You’re lucky you survived.”


“I knew he’d put up a fight.”


Katy and Abigail described cornering Cuddles and stuff him into a cat carrier.  Their tale reminded me of a Revolutionary War documentary - moves and counter moves, casualties and courage, and above all, an unwillingness to give up.


“Once you pick your battles,” Abigail said, “you fight them to the end.”  She was talking about Cuddles, but also her battle with her aunt.


In my mind, I combined her words with a favorite slogan, one day at a time. You fight to stay clean, one day at a time.


Today I will pick my battles, and fight them to the end, one day at a time.


 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S
  • https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment