Monday, July 13, 2015

12. The Critics Say
Tears started to roll down Sam’s cheeks. “My folks are paying for me to be here.  They think I’ll discover I miss the drugs and coming running home.  My mother said I’m too artistic to be sober, whatever that means.  Dad said I don’t have the determination to stay clean, and I should be thankful for that.”

“What do you think?” I asked.

“I have no idea what to think.  I been high my whole life.  Don’t know what I can do, or what I can’t do.  I know this sounds mean, but I want to succeed just to prove them wrong. Them and all my friends who say I’ll never stay sober.  Is that a bad reason to be here?”

“I never think it’s a bad idea to prove your critics wrong.  Especially when you’re doing the right thing.  Let me know if there’s anything at all I can do.”

Today I will prove my critics were wrong.

Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose
Other publications available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S


(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment