Sunday, July 19, 2015

16. Getting Around to Being Stupid
Phil’s phone rang.  He looked at his message and chuckled.  “My wife,” he said, “with a list of things I promised to do this weekend. I am such a procrastinator. I don’t know why she puts up with me.”
I told him I had written my masters thesis on procrastination.  “We share a hidden strength,” I said.  He looked puzzled. “The ability to put off doing things. You can use it to put off doing stupid things.   I try to put off saying stupid things when I’m angry.  I put off buying stupid things I can’t afford, and probably don’t need.  I’m working on putting off the mindless grazing I do between meals. I’ve put off getting drunk for 9,786 days in a row.  Believe me, I’ve avoided a lot of stupid that way.”
Today I will put off being stupid.   
Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose
Other publications available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S


(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment