Sunday, July 12, 2015

Trouble
“Have your parents ever gotten in trouble?” I asked Sam.  “They gave underage kids booze and drugs.”
Sam snorted. “Money gets you out of a lot of trouble. My dad can’t see he has a problem ‘cause he’s never been in serious trouble.  Someday he’s gonna hit a wall.  My mom too.  They’re already starting to have health problems, their memories suck, and you can’t help but notice the mood swings.”  Sam shook his head, and wiped away a tear.  “No money buys you out of those troubles.”

Today I will remember, money may get me out of trouble but it won’t stop what’s troubling me.

Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose
Other publications available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S


(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment