Sunday, July 5, 2015

6. Here Comes the Sun
“Let me give you some advice,” I said. “Follow the sun, follow your son, but don’t stare into the sun.”
“I musta smoked too much, because I have no idea what you’re saying,” Sam said, staring at me with a blank expression.
“Following the sun means knowing what direction you’re going and knowing what’s going on around you. Staring at the sun is not seeing anything but the goal.  Someone following the sun builds a successful business, and spends time with her family.  She still sees the world around her.  Someone staring at the sun focuses solely on expanding his business empire, not really aware his fourth marriage is crumbling.  You can’t stare at the sun, or soon you won’t be able to see anything else.  You’ll be blinded to the joys of life, and you’ll miss signs of trouble.  Work toward reconnecting with your son, stay connected with life around you.”

Today I will follow the sun.

Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose
Other publications available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S


(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment