Monday, December 26, 2016

7. I Was Wrong
A phone call jolted me.  The caller wanted to confirm everything was ready for a training the following month.  I didn’t remember scheduling the training, and there was nothing in my appointment book.  I went back through my emails and found one discussing the date for the training.


Almost as a reflex, I said, “Stupid laptop!”  The laptop hadn’t forgotten about the training, I had.  In my mind I could hear my first sponsor quoting the tenth step, “…and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.” 

“If I don’t admit it to myself,” I said out loud, “I’ll be more likely to think I don’t make these scheduling mistakes.  More likely to make the same mistake again.  Fine.  It was my fault, and I need to figure out how I’m gonna keep this from happening again.”



Today I will admit to myself when I’m wrong.


Needles Not For Knitting (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Needles Not For Knitting is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment