Thursday, December 1, 2016

91. Positively Progressive
“I loved Felix like a brother,” Anne said out of the blue. “Margaret loved him like a son.  He and Howard and Roy shared that strange trash talking bonding bullshit you men call ‘friendship’ going.”

“OK,” I said, not sure what her point was.

“Nobody relapsed! Felix died but and nobody used his death as an excuse.  Not so far, anyway.”

“You’re all tougher than you thought.  You’ve gotten healthier than you realized.  Your recovery progressed without you realizing it.”

“Who knew recovery was progressive, like addiction but in the opposite direction?”

I was pretty sure The Other Ken had covered that in group, but I let it go.  “Who knew.”

Today I will be grateful for things positively progressive.


Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment