Tuesday, December 27, 2016

8. My Life is Buffering
After group, I asked Gerry how he ended up in rehab.  He said, “My life was buffering.  The page I was on looked OK, but the wheel icon up in the corner was spinning.  I worked, lived at home, smoked and drank my paycheck.  My sister kept pointing out how my life was going nowhere.   So, I started taking my buddy’s Adderall. Not much, just enough to get me moving, maybe jolt me onto a new page in my life.  Before long I was addicted.”

“There’s better ways to deal with that buffering feeling,” I said.

He laughed.  “Do they pay you to state the obvious?”

“Actually, sometimes they do,” I said.


If today I feel like my life is buffering, I will find a good way change it.


Needles Not For Knitting (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Needles Not For Knitting is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment