Monday, December 5, 2016

93. Good, Better, Best?
That night I went to the gym.  My favorite machine had a stack of 20 lb. weights and a dial that added resistance five pounds at a time.  

I put the pin in the stack for what I thought was the most I could lift eight times.  Someone had added ten pounds of resistance with the dial.  I didn’t notice.  I strained to get the last repetition, thinking I was having an off day. 

When I saw I’d lifted more than I thought I could, I wondered how many other ways I’d accepted as my best less than I could actually do.

Today I won't limit myself to my ‘best.’


Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment