Thursday, December 8, 2016

96.  I Don’t Know
When I got home, Brat Boy was lying on the couch, reading his History book.  He asked me about the meeting.

I said, “There’s a guy who only comes to meetings when he’s in legal trouble.  You can’t tell him anything because he’s convinced he knows everything. He doesn’t know he’s an alcoholic, even after all his DUIs, public drunkenness charges, bar fights, and God knows what else.  You can’t help him because he doesn’t know how much he doesn’t know.”

“Well if anyone would know about not knowing, it would be you, Dad.”

I laughed. “Kid, knowing how much I don’t know motivates me to learn. It’s a blessing.”

Today I will be grateful for knowing what I don’t know.


Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose


Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment