Monday, March 12, 2018


Downtime
“Wait,” Brat Boy said, “They have to give up a weekend, to listen to you talk about burnout? Doesn’t that kind of defeat the purpose?”

“That’s what I thought,” I said. “But my friend Ryan the corporate trainer said weekend retreats are common.”

Blondie said, “That’s crazy. You need a break from work, not a weekend about work.”

“I agree,” I said. “You need a break from most challenging things in life.  Yesterday I read a couple of articles on addiction and brain chemistry for work. It took me a long time to get through them.    Do you know what I did after that?”

“Forgot everything you read?” Brat Boy asked.

“Fell asleep with your laptop open,” Blondie suggested.

“You’re both grounded,” I said. “I watched some funny animal videos.  I needed the downtime.”

Today I will allow myself some downtime.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment