Thursday, March 8, 2018


Sunday, March 22, 2020

Free to Start a New Chapter
Brat Boy and Blondie both came home for Sunday brunch. Sitting with my family, I was a little sad for all the people I knew still fighting their addictions. Drinking my coffee, surrounded by family, I didn’t have to scam someone’s pills, borrow money I’d never repay, sneak into work because my frazzled brain needed seven days to do five days’ worth of work, apologize for the night before, hope I didn’t get sick, sell my body to pay for it, steal, lie, deceive, wonder where I was and who I was with, hope I hadn’t gotten Hep C or HIV, find my car, sell drugs, etc.  Because I was drug-free, I got to enjoy my morning and make an announcement instead.

“I’m starting a new chapter,” I said. “I’m going back to work. I’m going to train part-time for a company that does corporate motivational weekends.”

Today I can turn the page or start a new chapter in my life.

2020 Vision ©2017 & 2018 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment