Thursday, March 22, 2018


Human Resources
The phone rang. Jackie from Human Resources called to see if I had gotten the paperwork she sent.
“I finished it and mailed it back,” I said.

“Thank you! I wish everybody around here did their work on time. People have no idea what a burden it is chasing down paperwork.”

I decided not to tell her that for the first twenty years of my career my hate-hate relationship with paperwork had gotten me in trouble more times than I could count.  Or, how I’d added to people’s burdens in my drinking days by being irresponsible, late, and unreliable.

“No problem,” I said.

“The next time somebody’s late turning in their timesheets, I’m going to poison them. Not enough to kill them,” Jackie said. “That would be wrong. Just enough enough to make them sick. Give them diarrhea, maybe.”

I made a note never to add to Jackie’s burden.

Today I’ll try not to add to someone’s burden.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment