Sunday, March 4, 2018


Monday, March 16th, 2020

Gratitude
The anger swept over me like a wave of broken glass. “How the (*&$#@ am I supposed to find any gratitude in this?” I yelled. I sat for a long time before I knew. “All the friends and family who aren’t addicted, strange and wonderful people that they are.”

There were so many people in my life I’d never have to worry about OD’ing. Quiet people, thoughtful people, people who held strong opinions based solely on emotion. People of faith, atheists, agnostics, and people who worshiped chocolate and coffee. Friends whose sometimes annoying peculiarities put the ‘irk’ in ‘quirk.’ Family, by blood, marriage, and the closeness that comes from long friendships.

Most of them would never touch a drug, and for that I was grateful.

Today I will be grateful for all my friends and family who aren’t addicted.

2020 Vision ©2017 & 2018 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment