Thursday, March 8, 2018


Saturday, March 21, 2020

Just for the Moment
MaryJo joined us. Rudy asked her how things were going with the new boyfriend.

“He’s not my boyfriend yet. First I want complete access to his medical records, including family history of cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.” I wasn’t sure she was joking.

“You’ve lost your mind,” I said.

“I need to be certain he’ll be around if we get serious. I can’t have him die on me like my husband did.” Her laugh seemed nervous and hollow.

“You like him?” I asked. “Are you happy with him at this very moment?”

She got my point. Only the moment is certain. “I do. I’m certain of that right now. I just got a text from him. Made me smile, that’s for certain.”

“Did it make you blush?” Rudy asked. MaryJo kicked him.

Today I’ll be grateful for whatever happiness the moment brings.   

2020 Vision ©2017 & 2018 by Ken Montrose
2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment