Friday, March 16, 2018


Interestingly Involved
The kids asked me what the new boss was like. I compared him to my old boss.

“At the rehab we needed more detox beds. The Boss and senior management put together a plan, picked a design, looked into financing, and built a detox center. They were involved.”

“And this boss?” Blondie asked.

“I get the feeling he’d look at furniture and hospital supply catalogs, have lunch with people who run detoxes, and dump the whole thing on Daniel.  He’d only be interested in a detox, not involved.”

“So why do you want to work there?” Brat Boy asked.

“Because I can stay involved, even if the boss is only interested,” I said.

Brat Boy said, “There’s a lot of that ‘interested not involved’ stuff going around. Like people who ignore their kid unless he’s in trouble or a sports star.”

“People with strong opinions who don’t vote,” Blondie said.

“People who want to quit a bad habit, get over an addiction, but make no major life changes. Interested in recovery, not involved.”

Today I will be involved, not just interested.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment