Friday, March 23, 2018


Unregrettable
“If you were going to poison someone, how would you do it?” Jackie asked. “Would you put something in their coffee? All at once or a little at a time?”  I waited for her to say ‘I’m just kidding, I would never do that!’  Nothing.

Like a lot of people who’ve been addicted, enraged, in love, or otherwise insane, I’d done a lot of things I regretted. Poisoning someone wasn’t one of them.

“I never poisoned anyone,” I said. “I wouldn’t know.” 

“Me neither. It was just a thought.”

I made a list of foolish things I hadn’t done that friends who were addicted, enraged, in love, or otherwise insane had done.  I was thankful I didn’t have those regrets.

Today I’ll be grateful for all the regrets I don’t have.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment