Thursday, March 15, 2018


Help
“The first guy I met was Daniel,” I said.  He’s sort of an office manager, trouble-shooter, den mother, and warden. He was cleaning his windows when I got there. Daniel told me he adopts elderly dogs. He always has two of them.  And a hand held vacuum in every room.”

“Sounds like he’d be fun to live with,” Blondie said. “He’s single, right?”

I said, “He was engaged. She told him it’s me or the dogs. Said putting down a dog every two years was just too sad.”

Blondie said, “Aww – he chose the dogs.”

“I have to admire him,” Brat Boy said, “But you can almost see her point.”

“For about a decade I worked with people both addicted and schizophrenic. I loved it, but the sadness got to me after a while. God bless people like Daniel who wade through the sadness to help.”

Today I’ll be grateful for the helpers.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment