Sunday, March 11, 2018


Not Waiting
“When’s your first training?” my daughter Blondie asked me. I’d retired a month earlier to focus on writing and discovered working from home wasn’t all I thought it would be.

“I’m doing a weekend on burnout in a month,” I said.

“So why’d you go back to working for someone now?” Brat Boy asked. “I thought you’d stick it out a little longer, plow through the tough times to get to the good.”

“There’s a difference between getting through tough times and being miserable,” I said. “I waited until I was miserable to stop drinking.  Just prolonged the suffering. I wasn’t going to wait until I hated working from home to go back to work.”

Today I won’t wait until I’m miserable to make changes.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment