Thursday, January 3, 2019

A Line of Credit
“His family is showing me more kindness than I deserve,” Sue said.

“Please don’t make me pour this coffee on you,” I said.

“No, really.  I got drunk, convinced my boyfriend of about a month we didn’t need to use protection, and got pregnant. I don’t deserve to be treated this well.”

“Bullshit. He’s a grown man and responsible for his actions. I doubt it was hard to convince him. You took responsibility for your actions and got sober. You are doing everything you can to take care of your baby.  Give yourself a little credit.”

She thought about it. “Okay, maybe a little.”

Today I will take a little credit for whatever I’ve done to make things right.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment