Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Whatcha Got?
A month went by. Billie was offered a job that included passing medications. It paid more than she was making. Sue’s belly grew. Sam’s belly shrunk. Trevor kept trying to treat his wound with over-the-counter medications. Roger punched him.

 “You gonna hit me back?”Roger asked Trevor.  “No, you can’t ‘cause you only got one good hand.” They stared at each other and I thought I’d have to step between them. They hugged. Trevor promised to get the hand looked at. Love can be expressed in many strange ways.

Cara started a winter clothing drive for the homeless and tried to convince Kim to take another cat from the shelter.  Kim’s new boyfriend turned out to be a kind, thoughtful widower in his early forties.  His wife’s car had slid off an icy road five years earlier. Kim was the first person he’d dated since then.

Roger finally got his bike back. He sold it a week later.

“Ken, not having that bike for so long convinced me I never really needed it in the first place. I’m happy with the bikes I got.”

Today I’ll be happy with what I have.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment