Monday, January 7, 2019

The Night Flu By Me
The next day I went to the gym. When I got back I thought I’d write my blog, eat a little dinner, and fall asleep watching TV.  It had been a long week, and I couldn’t wait to curl up on the couch.
As I walked into the living room, Dr. Deb said, “Saddle up cowboy, we’re driving to Maryland.”

Oh.

 “Blondie has the flu, we have to go get her. I’ll drive her car back,” Dr. Deb added.

Goodbye football game. Goodbye 60 Minutes. Goodbye couch. Hello five-hour drive.
As we were getting in my car, Dr. Deb asked what I was smiling about. “I really wanted to do nothing tonight, but it feels good to be there when I’m needed,” I said.

“So you’ll take her back in your car in case she throws up?”

“I think she should ride back with you, so you can feel needed too,” I said.

Today I’ll be grateful I can be there for people who need me.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment