Tuesday, January 15, 2019

#@$%! Genie
I saw Sam getting coffee at a gas station and went inside to say hello.

“You look good,” I said to Sam. “Have you lost more weight?”

“I have,” he said with a half-hearted smile. “I’m about three-quarters of the way to my goal.”
“Shouldn’t you be happier about that?” I asked.

He sighed. “I’ve been fighting the urge to splurge, go off my meal plan for a week.”

“You’ve been thinking about splurging for a week, or you want to go off your plan for a week?”

“Both. I’ve been thinking instead of a cheat day, I’d give myself a cheat week.”

“Cheat days might work for normies.  Might.  For us, when the genie gets out of the bottle, he goes on a rampage.”

“I know. I’m sticking to the plan. #$%@ genie.”

Today I won’t let any genie out of the bottle.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment