Wednesday, January 2, 2019

What Kind of People Are They?
“Why are you crying?” I asked.

Sue said, “I saw my boyfriend’s family. They’re very religious. I expected them to hate me. Call me a sinner, think I led their son astray.”

“Did they?”

“His mother asked what doctors I was seeing. His sister wanted to take me shopping for maternity clothes. His father said he didn’t approve of sex before marriage, and he wasn’t going to pretend otherwise. That’s when I thought I was going to get kicked out of their house.”

“Did they kick you out?”

“No. He smiled and said the baby didn’t need his approval and all I had to do was ask if I needed anything. They couldn’t have been more kind.”


Today I’ll be grateful for kind people.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment