Friday, January 25, 2019

Take A Little Time
I had meant what I had said to Josh. I had a busy life. There were things I needed to get done that day. The smart thing for me to do would have been to drop Bubbles off at the nearest animal shelter. My sisters both volunteered at shelters, and I knew that smaller dogs got adopted quickly.

“Or,” I said to myself. “I could call Cara and tell her about Bubbles.  She’d want to come here to get the dog herself. In the meantime, I could keep Bubbles company.”  Playing with Bubbles would do us both a lot of good. She needed the attention and I could really use a break.

“I can find the time,” I said to Bubbles. She wagged her approval.

Today I will find a little time for myself.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment