Thursday, January 17, 2019

A Step in the Right Direction
“My leg getting infected turned out to be a blessing in disguise,” Sam said.

“How so?” I asked.

“There’s a big difference between choosing to lay on your couch and having no choice but to lay on your couch.  I hated it. When my leg healed, I started walking.  I lost a little weight and liked it.

“Did you put the weight back on when you stopped walking?”

“No, even at my heaviest, I kept walking. It was my diet that did me in. I’d starve myself on rabbit food, and then binge on pizza and ice cream.”

“But it was the walking that got you started on losing the weight?”

“It was a step in the right direction,” Sam said, laughing.

“A friend of mine is into really bad puns,” I said. “God took his hair. Just sayin’.”

Today I will take a step in the right direction.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment