Friday, April 24, 2020


Adapt
When I got home Dr. Deb and Brat Boy were eating lunch. Dr. Deb had been working from home, Brat Boy finishing his freshman year at Pitt online. I was still going to work, developing online recovery materials.

Many people I knew were going to online AA meetings, adapting to the situation.  Others were sinking.  I didn’t judge them. Sinking is much easier than adapting, but it saddened me they were missing out.

Adapting had hidden benefits. Being optimistic, I predicted when the quarantine was over, some people would continue working from home, cutting down on traffic, improving air quality.
In my neighborhood more people were out walking.  Some of them would keep walking, especially when we could stop and talk, and pet each other’s dogs.

The list went on.
Today I will look for the benefits of adapting.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/



No comments:

Post a Comment