Thursday, April 23, 2020


Connectors
As we left the courtroom I wanted to hug Co and Shane, and shake hands with the other jurors.  Because of social distancing I couldn’t.

“Y’all stop by the coffee shop as soon as it reopens,” Co said.

Shane said, “You know I will,” and smiled.

“Only if I get a free cup of coffee,” I said. “And a refill. I’ll definitely need a refill.”

Co glared at me. “This isn’t one of those things you say you’re gonna do, but know you probably won’t. Don’t make me send Roose out to get you.”

I promised I would be there as soon as Roose’s coffee shop reopened. As we got into our cars I thought ‘Co is a connector’. Like Dr. Deb, she kept people together.  Where would we be without them?

Today I’ll be grateful for the connectors.

I Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment