Wednesday, April 8, 2020


Who’s Responsible
We started deliberation by picking a foreman. Shane nominated me because of my experience with drug and alcohol issues.  I told my fellow jurors I didn’t want to be foreman. 

Mr. No Humor, I’m In Charge Here announced he would be happy to be foreman.  He ran the third largest chain of Hallmark stores in the tristate area. Certainly he could manage a jury, he informed us.
They elected me anyway. The knot in my stomach was joined by a pounding in my temples.  

If the corona virus had taught me anything, it was I had to accept more responsibility. I had to go out of my way to make life safer for everyone.  Staying home wasn’t too much to ask. Neither was being foreman for a couple of days.

Today I will accept a little more responsibility.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment