Thursday, April 2, 2020


Chipped Ham, Tomatoes, and John Wayne
We had ham barbeques for dinner, my mother’s recipe.  Dr. Deb smiled at me as I finished eating.
“Reminds you of your mom, doesn’t it?” she asked. 

I said, “She and my dad a way of making the simplest  pleasure seem like the best thing that ever happened to you. Good sandwiches, a TV movie – especially a Western, popcorn and apple cider, maybe fresh tomatoes from somebody’s garden.  They raised appreciating  everyday stuff to an art form.”  

“That’s a good skill to have when you’re locked in your house,” Dr. Deb said.
“Ice cream and Netflix for dessert?”  I asked. 

Today I’ll focus on the simple pleasures.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment