Thursday, April 16, 2020


Rest
We deliberated until dinner.  When I got home, Brat Boy was monitoring his online Physics class. Dr. Deb was on a conference call.

 I sat down and reached for the TV remote. Like a lot of people, I’d gotten accustomed to the mental tiredness of the online, 24 hour news cycle, Netflixed life.  Watching TV was a reflex.

The cat curled up in my lap.  His purring made me think about his contentment.  When he wasn’t bringing live chipmunks into the house, he rested.  He basked in the sun. He stretched what needed to be stretched, cleaned what needed to be cleaned, but mostly he rested.

I put the remote beside me and shut my eyes. It had been a long, emotionally charged day. Rather than watch another true-life crime show, I let my mind rest.

Today I will rest my mind.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment