Monday, April 13, 2020


Too Funny
We ordered lunch.  The restaurant got most of the order wrong.  A woman named Sue started to laugh, in a scary, ‘I’m about to commit a felony’ sort of way.

“What’s so funny?” Co asked, her voice a mixture of curiosity and concern.

“There’s mustard on my sandwich,” Sue said, laughing even harder.  “I ordered mayo.”  Co put a reassuring hand on her arm. 

Sue continued, “My business is tanking. We had to cancel my daughter’s wedding.  My son saved just enough money to tour Italy. He’ stuck in a hotel in Venice.  And, there’s mustard on my sandwich.

“That much going wrong all at once? It’s so bad it’s funny. It truly is. I’m tired of crying, I’m going to laugh instead. It’s my way of giving the pandemic the middle finger.”

Today I’ll laugh instead.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment