Monday, April 20, 2020


Carpe Diem
Brat Boy joined us in the living room.  “Last class done,” he announced. “Finals next week and this year is over.”

Blondie was graduating in a few weeks. Brat Boy had almost finished his first year. It didn’t seem possible. The day before I had been swinging her by her ankles, putting him in his crib.

“It’s the cliché of all clichés,” I said, “life goes on, time flies.”

“It does go by fast,” Dr. Deb agreed.

“From now on, wearing a mask, I’m going to seize the day in my gloved hands. I’m gonna make the most of the day, virus or no virus, because time flies regardless.”

I will seize today.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment