Tuesday, April 21, 2020


Decisions, Decisions
The next day we deliberated for most of the morning. By lunch we’d reached a verdict.  As I looked around the room, I saw most of the jurors seemed relieved but sad. In an odd way, I was glad the law forced us to make a decision.

I thought of friends who had been in an on again/off again relationship for the more than a decade.  Neither of them could commit, neither was happy with the situation.

I’d met many people over the years who were in and out of recovery. You couldn’t say they relapsed because they’d never made the decision to quit. They didn’t enjoy drinking anymore and they never learned to like the sober life.

Today I will make a decision and stick to it.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment