Thursday, May 28, 2020


A Little Off
When we were done, the shed leaned a little.  We pushed against the right wall, propped up the side with lumber and nailed struts across the back.  The shed still leaned ever so slightly after we took the supporting boards away.

Blondie looked dejected. “Do we have to take the roof off and start over?”

“I should have squared up the sides before we put the roof on,” I said, kicking myself. That’s what I had done when I put the shed together originally.  “My mistake.”

“I like it,” Brat Boy said. “Being a little off makes it unique without looking broken.”

“OK, let’s leave it the way it is,” I said. ‘It reminds me of a lot of people I love,’ I thought.

Today I’ll be grateful for people unique, a little off, unbroken.

Summer with the Slug Rats © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Summer with the Slug Rats is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment