Thursday, May 7, 2020


The New Abnormal
“Wanna make some popcorn?” Brat Boy asked.

A couple of years earlier I’d gotten some alarming test results and dropped 30 pounds by not eating sweets, cutting back on carbs, and never eating between meals.  During the lockdown I’d put 15 of those pounds back on, mostly by eating chips and pretzels between meals.  I was consuming so many sweets nobody would have been surprised to see me snorting a line of Pixie Sticks.

“You go ahead,” I said. “I’m putting on weight.”

“Eating junk and gaining weight seems to be the new normal.”

“That’s what worries me.”

Today I’ll be careful not to let a bad habit become the new normal.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment