Wednesday, May 20, 2020


Gratitude
When I got to work I sat down to write my blog.  No matter how I tried, I couldn’t remember my idea from the night before.  Two cups of coffee did nothing to help. I cursed my mug.

I pulled out a piece of scrap paper and drew a stick figure. Near the top of his head I listed three good memories.  I listed my three favorite smells next to the nose, my three favorite sounds by the ears, and my three favorite sights by the eyes.   By the mouth I described what I’d order for my last meal if I was about to be executed.

I thought of my three favorite touches and wrote those next to the hands.  Next to the feet I wrote three places I liked to go.

 I added a surrender flag and listed something I had to let go – trying to remember the #$%# idea from the night before.

Today I’ll be grateful and let go.

Summer with the Slug Rats © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Summer with the Slug Rats is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment