Friday, May 1, 2020


Hairy Male Bovine
That evening I was at home converting a workbook to a PowerPoint presentation our therapists could use in group.  Dr. Deb was sitting beside me on the couch. I made a slide with three picture of the same hairy, horned beast.  The caption read “Just Talking the Talk?”

Dr. Deb looked at the slide and said, “I get it. It’s a lot of bull.”

“No,” I said. “I can understand how some people might see it that way, but no. I’ll show it to Brat Boy. He’ll get it.”

I showed the slide to Brat Boy. “Yak, yak, yak,” he said. “It’s obvious.”

Dr. Deb rolled her eyes, but said, “Yak, bull, whatever – it’s good to challenge yourself. Are you walking the walk or just talking the talk?”

Today I will walk the walk.

Jury Duty
© 2020 by Ken Montrose
Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment