Monday, May 11, 2020


Train Tracks
Later Blondie said to me, “Mom says you’re going to the sentencing.”

I rubbed my temples. “I am,” I said. “I feel bad for the kid. I can’t help but see the irony.”

“What irony?”

“They’re all drinking, all his friends. Not literally, but figuratively the whole group of them are playing by the railroad tracks. He doesn’t like what he sees and leaves. Doesn’t see the train coming as he crosses the tracks.”

Blondie said, “What’s the slogan? If you don’t want to get hit by the train, don’t play on the tracks.”

Today I won’t play on the tracks.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment