Tuesday, May 12, 2020


Playtime
“I always thought there should be a second part to that slogan,” I said. “Like the way people say ‘Easy Does It’ and add ‘But Do It.’”

Blondie asked, “What would you add?”

“If you don’t want to get hit by the train, don’t play on the tracks, BUT play somewhere.”

Blondie laughed, “That’s too long for a slogan, that’s a speech.”

“I know, but I see people who got sober because they were miserable. They never learn to have fun without booze and they stay miserable.  You gotta play, you gotta have fun.”

“You know what would be fun? Moving my stuff to the attic for me. Now that’s the kind of fun that keeps people sober.”

I laughed, “I’m going for a bike ride. Have fun putting your stuff away.”

Today I will play.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment