Monday, May 18, 2020


Summer with the Slug Rats

Silver Lining
When they were little I called my children slug rats because they scurried around the house leaving a grubby mess everywhere they went.  Blondie and Brat Boy were older now.  Not quite as messy, and less prone to scurrying. I could have called them slug mice, but I liked the original name.

They were both home for the summer, and possibly the fall. Times were uncertain. I didn’t know how we would get through the summer, let alone what would happen in September. 
On the other hand, the slug rats were home.  Every dark cloud has its silver lining.

Today I’ll look for the silver lining.

Summer with the Slug Rats © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Summer with the Slug Rats is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment