Friday, May 29, 2020


Shedding a Few Things
The next day I started putting things back in the shed.  It reminded me of the inventory I was told to take when I first got sober.  Some things in my life would always be cherished, others recycled, and some discarded.  

Most of my friends and family stuck by me, happy I had finally seen the light. Painful memories became lessons learned.  Some broken relationships couldn’t be mended. Many failures and resentments had to be left in the past.

I thought no matter what change I made in life, I needed to take that inventory. If the change was to last, I needed to hold onto some things, repair others, and discard the rest.

Today I will take an inventory and make a change.

Summer with the Slug Rats © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Summer with the Slug Rats is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment