Tuesday, May 26, 2020

SUMMER WITH THE SLUG RATS


Shed
Blondie came home the next day. TyGuy visited a few days later.

“You know what we should do,” Blondie said. “Turn the shed so the front faces the yard.  It’ll give us room under the deck.”

Blondie and Dr. Deb talked about what they could do with the extra space.  I had horrible flashbacks, remembering how heavy just the shingled roof was. I thought about the equipment crammed into the shed, and the lattice I’d have to take down and put back up.

I looked over at TyGuy.  He looked away.  Brat Boy mouthed “No” and shook his head emphatically.
I saw the smile on Blondie’s face. “Sure,” I said, “no problem.”  TyGuy and Brat Boy laughed.  “It’ll make her so happy,” I added.

Today I’ll make someone happy.

Summer with the Slug Rats © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Summer with the Slug Rats is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment